Action Aid Myanmar (AAM)
Strengthening Women’s Access to Justice in Yangon and Mon
- Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF)
- Mon Women’s Organization (MWO)
ActionAid Myanmar and local partners seek to identify and respond to long-term justice needs of women located in diverse rural and urban settings to address issues of violence against women and girls (VAWG). The project employs three main strategies:
- Empowering women and girls to act on (VAWG) cases by enabling them to claim their rights through community-led support systems;
- Providing quality, holistic and client-centric legal aid services to survivors of violence through a well-established referral system; and
- Utilising evidence based advocacy, based on the lived experiences of survivors, to influence national policy reform and implementation.
Ultimately the project works towards transformative change: bringing legal aid service providers together to strengthen institutional responses, and creating awareness within communities to bring about a shift in attitudes and beliefs.
- Hlaing Thar Yar